Tuesday, January 15, 2013

S.O.S Soup Mix

Every cook at some point in time or another has used condensed "Cream of Something" soup, right? I know I have. I stopped using the junk in cans a while back. There is too much "Stuff" in there for it to be healthy. I found this recipe on Pinterest and I ABSOLUTELY  LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is super simple and super wonderful. Try it once and you WILL be hooked.


SOS Soup Mix (A.k.a. "cream of ....")

2 C Powdered Milk (I use powdered skim)
3/4 C Cornstarch
1/4 C Chicken Bullion
2 Tbl Dried Onion Flakes
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (optional - I use it)


Put the ingredients into a storage container with a lid.
Shake
All Done :)

To MAKE the soup - This makes same amount as 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup.

1 1/4 C cold water
1/3 C SOS Mix
Put in small pot on stove and cook till thickened. Stir constantly because of the milk.

And so I don't have to dig for my recipe all the time, I just wrote it on the top of my container. That way,  I know the recipe AND how to make it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment